Saturday 14 January 2012

Vegan Anpan!


This morning I made my very first dish all from ingredients bought from our very first WsM Food Buying Group order. It was my very first time cooking or eating aduki beans too.

I adapted this wonderful recipe from the web site The Delectable Hodgepodge which is well worth a browse for the food photography alone.

My attempt may not have been anywhere near as pretty, (and not sweet enough for the kids either) but me and Mark like them so - yay!

My ingredients were:

380g Strong White Flour
300ml water (100ml used to activate dry yeast)
2 tbsp sunflower spread
3tbsp raw cane sugar
1tsp salt
'koshian' (see below)

To make the 'koshian' I used about a mug full of aduki beans (about 200g) and about three quarters of a mug of raw cane sugar (about 80g) and followed this recipe from the same blog.

Please let me know if you try it out, and please share you aduki bean recipes too.

2 comments:

  1. These look great, I guess you can amend the recipe to make it sweet enough for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are good, great with coffee.

    ReplyDelete