Tuesday 17 January 2012

Approved Food


Lily the Pink put a link up on my Facebook Wall about Approved Food, who offer amazing discounts on selected products.  The website doesn't say much about them, so I tweeted, asking whether anyone knew their credentials.  Julian from Approved Food tweeted back and asked me to email him any questions.  So, I did, asking;

* Where you are based?
* Are you linked to any large supermarkets?
* Where does the clearance stuff come from?  (It's a great idea) and would all this produce go to waste if you/we didn't grab a hold of it?

This was his reply:


Hi Becky

I will give you a bit of background first (un-biassed as possible). The company was founded by Dan Cluderay in 2009, Dan worked for Sony Ericsson as a programmer until he was made redundant and with his funds set up a market stall selling out of date pop, crisps and chocolate just as his father-in-law does. Eventually he put the 2 together and came up with Approved Food. Our products are short dated, sometimes out of date but we never sell anything with a 'Use By' date only ambient produce with 'Best Before' dates which is the manufacturers estimate of when the product may lose its premium quality. As I'm sure you are aware this is not usually the case.

Our goods are mostly main brands and would probably find there way to land fill which is surprising as about 80% of it is still in date sometimes by days sometimes by months and beyond. We have a fantastic range of gourmet products as well as all our regular lines. If you see anything on the web that is 'De-Identified' it is from one of the major supermarkets and usually excellent value.

We are based in Dinnington near Sheffield but ship throughout the Uk and much of Europe and even Bristol (where I once lived for a short time). We currently have a database of customers of around 75,00 customers so you can have confidence in what we do and I can honestly say I have kitchen cupboards full of Approved Food goods.

If there is anything else you would like to know about us please don't hesitate to get in touch and if you think you may like to order let me know and I will give you a discount code for Free Delivery on your first shop. (People still don't like delivery charges even at our prices).

Kind regards
Julian Watts

Commercial Manager



So, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think woohoo. I have seen the site before but the delivery charges did put me off. I'll have another good look at exactly what they offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using them for the past couple of years and they never fail me. Delivery is excellent and the customer service is swift too. Definitely worth taking a good look around.

    ReplyDelete