Sunday 27 April 2014

Coffee Grounds as Body Scrub

Adapting an idea that Mark shared with me and making good use of some Essential ingredients, I rescued four days' worth of used coffee grounds from being thrown into the compost bin at Plot 66 and made use of them as a body scrub.

The moisture from wet grounds will go mouldy after a while, so the first thing was to dry them out on a baking tray in the oven (over a low heat so they don't burn - the kitchen smelt good enough to drink).

Once dried, they went into a plastic container with olive oil (most people might use sweet almond oil but my skin doesn't like it), a good few drops of lavender oil because it's my favourite ever smell and for its antiseptic properties and a glug of tea tree oil, also an antiseptic.  You can gauge for yourself how much of each ingredient to add, altering the essential oils to suit your own olfactory pleasures.

I had a shower with it this morning.  I'm ever so smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment